Government Creep: What the Government is Doing That Your Don’t Know About
Publisher: Loompanics Unlimited
Page Count: 164pp
Size: 5.5 x 8.5
Date Published: 2003
Available from: Amazon.com, AtomicBooks, and your favorite local bookseller.
It should be plain by now that we have too much government. Strip searches, confiscated homes, stolen children, denial of due process, war without end. Sounds like life in a Third World country, doesn’t it? But this is our own federal government ‘for, of, and by the people,’ invading our personal lives, supposedly for our own good.
- Chapters include: How taxes killed a business
- 127 days in a windowless cell
- ‘Child Pornography’ laws whipsaw a bookstore owner
- The welfare trap — and how to escape it
- How federal funding nearly put a charity out of business
- How the ‘War on Drugs’ and decades-old laws can turn your sex life into a nightmare
- How bureaucrats bigfooted a promising inner-city business that got people to work on time
- Losing the kids after ‘adultery’
- The nicotine wars: the mandate for less nicotine in cigarettes is hazardous to health
- Dueling disabilities: unintended consequences of government help for the ‘disabled’
- People losing their home because of a marijuana offense they knew nothing about
- The heavy hand of the state: A Sampler
Government Creep: What the Government Is Doing That You Don’t Know About shows how Uncle Sam has now become a dysfunctional parent — standing guard in our bedrooms to ‘protect’ consenting adults from each other, peering at what we read to see if we’re ‘corrupting’ ourselves or someone else, making it impossible to run a small business, incarcerating our children and confiscating our homes under laws that make freedom lovers shudder.